Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Dad




In less then one week's time, my life has completely turned upside down. My wonderful father died on Sunday. Granted he had a long life - 88 years. But it is never long enough for those who survive. He's such a wonderful man - although he had no claim to fame or any fantastic feats, he proved his worth as a human in his daily life. He was a strong Christian who taught me values based on the golden rule - treat others as you would like to be treated. He taught me not to worry about tomorrow - "it's like making a payment on a loan you don't have". He truly taught me not to sweat the small stuff. He also loved animals and would help with my rescue ambitions whenever he could. No matter how long I live, he will always be my daddy just as I will always be his little girl.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww...I am SO sorry for the loss of your father. Please accept my sincere condolances. He sounds like a wise man, and a good father to you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss. wish I had words that could help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss of your father. Hold on to his memories, he continues to live on through them. Take care. Rob

    ReplyDelete